With the economy in shambles and things costing more than ever, being thrifty is as important as ever. One of the easiest ways to find savings is to look to your automobile. People don’t realize how much they spend on their car over the course of a calendar year.
Here are several ideas to drop the expenses on your car and help out your budget in the process:
Shop around for better insurance
-Insurance is so volatile that you can almost be certain a better deal is out there somewhere. Spend some time looking for those deals on a regular basis.
Investigate options within your existing insurance
– Many times you can save money simply by asking about their discount list. They commonly give discounts for safe driving, student drivers and countless other reasons.
Roll down the windows
– Although the air conditioning is nice, it does cost you more money. Go ahead and roll down the windows instead.
– One way to make sure your car costs less is to not use it. If you are going a few blocks, get some exercise and save the gas.
Learn to do your own maintenance
– Changing oil and checking fluids is a rather easy thing to do and you can learn all you need to know online. Invest in yourself and save the money at the same time.
Pay attention to tire pressure
– Many folks do not realize that you need less tire pressure during warm weather. Tires are expensive! Rotating your tires is important as well.
Make sure you take advantage of warranties
– The percentage of people who never bother to check if they have a warranty is staggering where cars and car parts are concerned. Always check before assuming and never pay for something that should be covered.
Take advantage of the perks at the local auto parts stores
– Many of the tests and tools that are needed to make repairs are available for cheap or free at places like Autozone or Advanced Auto. It never hurts to check it out.
When you find a bargain, buy in bulk
– Many people find a great deal on a set of tires and buy a set. The smart people buy two sets. Why not stick them back in the garage and have them when the need arises? Great deals are tough to come by.
Use a gas saving website
– Gasoline is by far the most expensive part of driving a car. Find a good website that shows where the best prices are in real time and use it. You will save a ton of cash over time.
Do you have any tips for saving money on your car? Comment Below!