Carbs and I have never been great friends. I love them, but they don’t love me. Or perhaps they love me a bit too much?
Regardless, the older I get, the more clear it is that I need to only eat baked goods with flour in moderation.
However, I love pizza! I adore it. Especially homemade pizza.
I’m not a fan of whole wheat pizza crust. I suppose I’ll grow to love it, but I’m not sure I’ll have to after testing this flourless pizza dough recipe the other day!
This is a recipe for the true low carb eater. It’s not going to taste just like pizza crust. In fact, this low carb pizza crust recipe is more like a cheese dough. I hope that description doesn’t make it sound gross, because it’s REALLY yummy!
Even if you have no issues with carbs, I encourage you to give this recipe a try, I don’t think you’ll regret it!
Low Carb Pizza Crust Recipe
adapted from Linda Sue
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano or Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces Italian cheese blend or mozzarella cheese, shredded*
- Whatever toppings you want (I did italian sausage and mozzarella w/ my own homemade pizza sauce)
- Beat or whip the cream cheese until it’s fluffy.
- Add the eggs in and whip until smooth
- Next add the cheeses and the spices
- Grease your pan (I used a 9×13 ceramic baking dish. Next time I think I’ll use my smaller glass baking dish…it’s up to you though) and line with parchment paper (I did not do this, but I highly recommend YOU do).
- Cook your crust in the oven at 375 for 20-25 minutes (mine took 30 minutes to get golden brown).
- Take out and let cool fully on a wire rack. When it’s cool, go ahead and take a spatula underneath it to loosen it from the bottom of the pan/parchment paper. Leave it in the pan though.
- Now you can either refrigerate the crust OR you can go ahead and place your toppings on it.
- If you place the toppings on it, bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes. If you refrigerate it, take it out at least 15 minutes before you intend to top it.
- I have not tried freezing this recipe, but apparently it does freeze well.
That’s it! This low carb pizza crust recipe is super yummy and I think you’ll LOVE it if you give it a try!
This recipe was approved by ME, my husband AND my children.
*Important to note: I shredded FRESH mozzarella for this low carb pizza crust recipe. I’m not sure if using pre-shredded would result in a drier crust because that mozzarella is coated with some stuff to keep it from sticking together. If it doesn’t turn out well with pre-shredded, try fresh next time.
Wanting more tips and low carb recipes?