Monkey Bread Recipe
Follow FFF on Pinterest!
I remember the first time I had Monkey Bread. It tasted sooo good and I was so surprised to find out how easy it was to make!
If you’ve never had Monkey Bread, the basic recipe for monkey bread is just biscuit dough with sugar and butter that is baked up into a sweet and fluffy breakfast dish.
I was flipping through a new cookbook of mine recently and I saw this clever recipe for monkey bread that added a filling inside each biscuit and I knew I wanted to try it out.
I’m calling it Monkey Bread Surprise!
Here’s what you’ll need for this ooey gooey recipe for Monkey Bread (with a Surprise!):
Recipe for Monkey Bread: An Easy Monkey Bread Recipe!
Adapted from Gooseberry Patch Big Book of Home Cooking
Recipe for Monkey Bread Ingredients:
- 2 refrigerated biscuit cans (each with 10 biscuits)
- 8 oz of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 1 cup of butter
Recipe for Monkey Bread Directions:
1. Preheat your oven to 350. You’ll need a greased bundt pan for this dish, so go ahead and grease your bundt pan.
2. Mix together the 1/2 cup of white sugar and the 1 tbsp of cinnamon (from here on out this will be known as the “sugar mixture”)
3. Open up your biscuit cans and flatten each biscuit (I use the bottom of my half cup measuring cup for this!)
4. Place a 1/2 teaspoon of the sugar mixture on each biscuit.
5. Cut up the cream cheese into 20 cubes and place ONE cube on each biscuit.
6. Meanwhile, melt the butter and the brown sugar in a pan on the stove on low heat, stirring occasionally.
7. Fold the biscuit dough up over the cream cheese, being careful not to let the sugar mixture fall out. Roll these into balls. (so the cream cheese/sugar mixture will be inside of the ball)
8. Place half of the biscuits on the bottom of your greased bundt pan. Top with 1/2 of the sugar mixture and half of the butter/brown sugar mixture. Repeat this pattern for the other half of biscuits.
10. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
11. Take your Monkey Bread Surprise! out and let it sit on the counter for 5 minutes. Then flip it out onto a plate (if you’ve never done this, it’s easy. Take a plate wide enough to cover the entire opening of the bundt pan and place it on top of the open side of the bundt pan. Hold the plate firmly against the bundt pan and flip the whole thing over so the plate is on the bottom. Lift up the bundt pan and your Monkey Bread Surprise! will be on your plate!)
Dig in! Tell them it’s Monkey Bread, but watch how surprised they’ll be when they see the sweet creamy middle! Yum.
Share this Recipe for Monkey Bread with your friends and pin it on Pinterest! Thank you!