Here are some of the details:
- Only an official Museum Day ticket is eligible for free entry. Official tickets can be found here on the Museum Day website soon, stay tuned.
- One ticket per household, for two people.
- A ticket will gain entry to only one of the participating museums, excluding parking and special events and exhibits.
- If museum reaches capacity, museum has right to limit the number of guests until space becomes available.
You can sign up for your tickets here.
Here are the locations that will be participating in Houston (and I’m just going to go right ahead and admit that there are several of these I’ve never heard of!):
- 1940 Air Terminal Museum
- Buffalo Soldiers National Museum
- Contemporary Arts Museum Houston
- Dunham Bible Museum
- Holocaust Museum Houston
- Houston Center for Contemporary Craft
- Houston Center for Photography
- Houston Maritime Museum
- Lawndale Art Center
- Sam Houston Memorial Museum
- The Health Museum
- The John C. Freeman Weather Museum
- The Menil Collection
- The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston