These are so good y’all!
This makes a LOT of Pecan Pie bites though, so if you are like me and you are the only pecan pie eater in your household…get out some goodie bags for friends and family!
This would be perfect to bring to a potluck or a church dinner. I’m thinking about making it for the week my Bible Study group does breakfast for our church! (so what, I have had a few of these as breakfast sometimes. Nuts. Those are healthy.)
Pecan Pie Bites
- 1 cup butter (leave out on the counter for about 30 minutes)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup corn syrup
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups pecans
- sea salt (optional)
- Cream together the butter and white sugar.
- Add the flour and either use two forks or a pastry cutter until the dough is kind of crumbly. If you pick up a ball of dough, you should be able to smush it together.
- Add the dough mixture into a greased 9×13 baking dish and bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes. Until just very slightly brown on top. Remove from oven.
- Next, mix together the eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, maple syrup and vanilla until well combined. Add the pecans.
- Pour the pecan mixture over the top of the crust and put it back in the oven for around 15-20 minutes.
- When you remove it, you can top it with some sea salt.
- Once it cools, place it in the refrigerator until it cools. Then cut it into 24 bite sized pieces or larger pieces if you want to serve it as a full dessert.
Do you see that ooey gooey layer there? That’s my favorite thing in the whole wide world I think.