I have been blogging for almost 3 months now on Family Friendly Frugality. I have meant to write out a mission statement for awhile, but just never got around to it. I do think it’s important for this blog to have a clear and defined purpose, so I decided to sit down and really think of the direction and the goals for this blog as it pertains to:
- my readers
- my family
Not only will a mission statement clearly define my intentions, I also think it will serve as a good guidepost when I feel like I am losing focus.
If I had to break down my intentions and goals into bullet points:
- This blog is a way for me to share with others how we keep our lives frugal and fun. Helping others to save (or make) money wherever they can, so they can spend their hard earned dollar where they want.
- It is a blog, which by definition means: Short for Web log, a blog is a Web page that serves as a publicly accessible personal journal for an individual. Typically updated daily, blogs often reflect the personality of the author. I won’t lose “me” in this blog. I strive to always have my clear voice and personality present and obvious.
- By sharing my personal experiences, knowledge, great deals, recipes and activities…I’ll in turn make an income through advertising, affiliations and potential opportunities that stem from the blog. This income allows me to spend more time on the blog, therefore helping more people and “paying” for my time away from my family. I will never allow making money to change my morals, focus or how freely I share information…and will always be transparent about my desire to profit from my blogging. I will never post anything for the sole intention of making money, it must serve a greater purpose (saving readers money, helping make life easier, etc). In addition, I will share through “monetizing my blog” posts HOW I do it, so anyone else who wants to start a money making blog can!
- I consider this blog a “mom blog” which means…anything goes. It will always be family friendly, it will always be family oriented but it won’t always be about frugality.
- The respect and trust of my readers is of the highest importance to me. Nothing gets posted on this blog that I wouldn’t do, eat, say, or buy myself (not to say I buy everything I post though! That would NOT be frugal!)
So as of November 5, 2010…the mission statement for Family Friendly Frugality reads:
Family Friendly Frugality is a family blog. It is a family oriented, family friendly, frugal living blog to help you dress, feed and entertain your family for less! In addition to frugal living tips, this blog is about a family. A family who is using blogging as a means to help others, have a social outlet and earn an income from providing what works for them!
Remember if you have any questions, concerns, great deals or ideas to share you can always email me at heather @ familyfriendlyfrugality dot com .
You will be able to find this mission statement at any time under the tab: About
I will be working on a FAQ page to go up soon. Is there anything specifically you’d like to see answered? Let me know!