So yesterday I was checking out one of my favorite frugal recipe blogs $5 Dinners.
I came across this super simple recipe for Potato Soup and had to try it. I’ve made potato soup in the past and it was a total failure. This is amazing. I highly encourage you to try it! Super cheap, easy and quick.
I changed things up just a tad, so here’s my version.
- 10 potatoes
- 1 lb sausage (I used Jimmy Dean Sage)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 cup cheddar
- 2 cups cooked broccoli (frozen or fresh, just make sure it’s steamed to be pretty soft)
- Peel and cut potatoes into small cubes
- Put potatoes into a pot and cover with water (just a bit over the potatoes)
- Set to boil
- Meanwhile, brown onion and sausage seperately
- When potatoes are soft…DO NOT DRAIN. Add sausage, onions, cheese, cream of mushroom soup and broccoli
- Let simmer until you are ready to eat! It will naturally thicken