One Skillet Skinless Chicken Thighs With Red Wine Vinegar
This tasty skinless chicken thighs recipe is made in just ONE skillet! This one skillet chicken thighs recipe is an inexpensive meal that tastes super expensive. These chicken thighs are absolutely mouthwatering in this red wine sauce. Super simple and uses ingredients you already have on hand for an easy, cheap, frugal flavorful meal that tastes like big bucks! #chickenthighsrecipe #oneskilletmeals #oneskilletchickenthighs #cheapmeals
There aren’t many words to describe this dish that really do it justice.
Oh, I was a bit skeptical at first. Some of the ingredients gave me pause.
I don’t cook with vinegar that often, but I always enjoy the taste of the finished product, so I’m not sure why I was nervous.
I didn’t even take as many pics as I typically do because I wasn’t sure it would be blog worthy.
Speaking of vinegar related dishes, I make a killer rissoto with balsamic vinegar that I’ll have to share some time (actually, it’s right here).
For now though, I present you with Skinless Chicken Thighs in Red Wine Vinegar!
Skinless Chicken Thighs in Red Wine Vinegar
adapted from Gina’s Skinny Taste
- 8 skinless chicken thighs with skin removed
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1 tbspn honey
- 1 tbpsn tomato paste
- 1 tspn butter
- 1 onion sliced thinly (she used shallots, I couldn’t find any)
- 2 cloves garlic sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (or you can just use more chicken broth)
- 2 tbspn Light Sour Cream
- 2 tbspn Parsley (fresh)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Pat your chicken dry and season it well with salt and pepper
- Meanwhile combine the red wine vinegar, 3/4 cup of the chicken broth, honey and tomato paste and bring to a boil. Bring down to a simmer and reduce down to about 3/4 cup. Remove from heat
- Melt the butter in a large skillet and brown the chicken on both sides. About 6-8 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook until tender and browned.
- Return the chicken to the pan and pour the red wine vinegar sauce over the chicken. Add salt and pepper, remaining broth and wine to the pan and cover. Let simmer 20 minutes
- Remove the chicken and add the sour cream in. Stir until thickened and add parsely. Serve over chicken.
I served this with veggies and mashed potatoes. The sauce made an amazing gravy for the mashed potatoes and this was even good as leftovers the next day. This is definitely a keeper recipe in our household and I love that it uses simple, basic ingredients.
You’ll definitely want to bookmark this recipe! Be sure to check out Gina’s original recipe as well. I changed things up a bit, you might find you like hers better!
Nutrition Info: Serving Size 2 thighs per person-240 cals/ 7 g fat/ 11g carbs/ .3 g fiber/ 28 g protein 6 WW Points Plus
Vanessa @ Vanessa's Values says
Thank you for sharing this recipe! I’ve been looking for recipes that call for sour cream as I got a GREAT deal on sour cream that I just couldn’t pass up, and I also have some red wine vinegar that I would like to use up. All the other ingredients I have on hand, too…YAY!
Hi! New follower here 🙂 The recipe looks yummy!!
Katie R. says
I’ve been seeing that recipe around. 😉
I’ll have to try it out!
I made this recipe last week and it was YUMMY! About to make it again. Wouldn’t change a thing (tho I did have shallots on hand and used them). Thanks
Maria Z says
My husband like only white meat chicken. Would that work in this recipe? Bone in or cutlets?
Definitely! You will likely need to adjust the cooking time a bit though. I always use thighs for this recipe because it’s my go to “cheap” fancy meal and thighs are cheaper 😉