This is a guest post by Cheryl Siens
Don’t these look just amazing? Enjoy!
- 1 cup butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup flour (no need to sift)
- 2 cups oatmeal (I used Quaker Oats – Quick)
- 1 egg yolk
- Melt butter in microwave safe bowl on HIGH for approximately 1 ½ minutes, then let it cool to room temperature. Mix in sugar.
- Add baking soda, flour, and oatmeal. Stir thoroughly.
- Beat the egg yolk with a fork until it’s thoroughly mixed. Add it to the bowl and stir until it’s incorporated.
- Grease (or spray with Pam) a standard-sized cookie sheet. Make small balls of dough and place them on the cookie sheet. Press down with fork in a criss-cross pattern the way you’d do for peanut butter cookies (the pattern won’t stay, but this flattens them)
- Bake at 350˚ for 10 to 12 minutes, or until they just start to brown around the edges. Let the cookies cool for a minute or two on the sheets and then transfer them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Yield: approximately 5 dozen, depending on cookie size.
Be sure to check out all the frugal recipes here on Family Friendly Frugality!
Are you interested in guest posting on Family Friendly Frugality? Please email me heather @ familyfriendlyfrugality.com. I’m looking for anything in the family friendly/frugal niche, but specifically how-to’s, DIY posts and RECIPES! Must be original content not posted elsewhere.
Xenia @ Thanks, Mail Carrier says
Dang, now I want cookies and milk!! These look really yummy… and easy to make, that’s the best combination! 🙂
Oh those cookies look delicious!! Can you send me some?? 🙂
Dawn @ Just Married with Coupons says
Wow, those look delish.. and almost easy enough for me to bake, lol..! Thanks so much for sharing this ;))
Yum! I think my mom used to make cookies just like those, too!
Yep, safe to say I’ll be baking cookies this weekend. Those look delicious, especially with a cold glass of milk. Love that I already have all the ingredients!
The Frugal Free Gal says
Yum! Oatmeal is my favorite! It’s a tiny bit healthier too 😉 Wonderful and easy recipe. I need to try this this weekend!
Wow! Those look so good and I like easy! Thank you!