This is a guest post by Cheryl Siens
Don’t these look just amazing? Enjoy!
- 1 cup butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup flour (no need to sift)
- 2 cups oatmeal (I used Quaker Oats – Quick)
- 1 egg yolk
- Melt butter in microwave safe bowl on HIGH for approximately 1 ½ minutes, then let it cool to room temperature. Mix in sugar.
- Add baking soda, flour, and oatmeal. Stir thoroughly.
- Beat the egg yolk with a fork until it’s thoroughly mixed. Add it to the bowl and stir until it’s incorporated.
- Grease (or spray with Pam) a standard-sized cookie sheet. Make small balls of dough and place them on the cookie sheet. Press down with fork in a criss-cross pattern the way you’d do for peanut butter cookies (the pattern won’t stay, but this flattens them)
- Bake at 350˚ for 10 to 12 minutes, or until they just start to brown around the edges. Let the cookies cool for a minute or two on the sheets and then transfer them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Are you interested in guest posting on Family Friendly Frugality? Please email me heather @ familyfriendlyfrugality.com. I’m looking for anything in the family friendly/frugal niche, but specifically how-to’s, DIY posts and RECIPES! Must be original content not posted elsewhere.
7 thoughts on “Easy Oatmeal Cookies”
Dang, now I want cookies and milk!! These look really yummy… and easy to make, that’s the best combination! 🙂
Oh those cookies look delicious!! Can you send me some?? 🙂
Wow, those look delish.. and almost easy enough for me to bake, lol..! Thanks so much for sharing this ;))
Yum! I think my mom used to make cookies just like those, too!
Yep, safe to say I’ll be baking cookies this weekend. Those look delicious, especially with a cold glass of milk. Love that I already have all the ingredients!
Yum! Oatmeal is my favorite! It’s a tiny bit healthier too 😉 Wonderful and easy recipe. I need to try this this weekend!
Wow! Those look so good and I like easy! Thank you!