These homemade air-fried breakfast potatoes will be a hit with the whole family. This is an inexpensive breakfast recipe that can be used with your air fryer and/or Ninja Foodi. These air fried breakfast potatoes offer all the homefry hashbrown goodness of their deep-fried relatives with a fraction of the fat and calories! You will want to try these air fried breakfast potatoes today! Eat these for breakfast, or my personal favorite, breakfast for dinner!
Potatoes. I will eat potatoes in ALL the ways.
In fact, I’m not sure there is a way that I don’t enjoy to eat potatoes?
However, this way, the way I am about to tell you all about, might just be my FAVORITE way (well…after my famous mashed potatoes of course).
Traditionally, these bite-sized pieces of fried potatoes are saturated in a healthy (?) dose of oil. You pour the oil in the frying pan, heat it up and the goal is for the oil to basically *just about* cover the potatoes while they are in the pan.
I still love breakfast potatoes prepared this way. It’s still my favorite.
However, I have now found a way to make *almost* the identical breakfast potato recipe that has been my guilty pleasure basically my whole life in the air fryer!
I have a Ninja Foodi, so my directions will be focused on the Ninja Foodi, however, you can make these breakfast potatoes with any air fryer!
I hope you give these air fried breakfast potatoes a shot. I bet they will be a family favorite for you as well.
Here are a few other breakfast recipes you might enjoy as well!
- Monkey Bread Recipe – With A Surprise Stuffed Inside!
- Easy Cake Batter Pancake Recipe
- Make Ahead Freezer Friendly Breakfast or Lunch Burritos
Homemade Air-Fried Breakfast Potatoes Recipe
- Potatoes (I usually do 4-5 for my family) peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- a bit of oil (I usually use olive, vegetable will do just fine though)
- desired seasonings (I use salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika)
- 1/2 an onion diced
- The very first thing I typically do is pressure cook my potatoes for one minute. You do NOT need to pressure cook your potatoes. You can boil them for a bit or before you peel them, you can “bake” them just enough so they are slightly soft. This cuts down on air frying time so that your potatoes are basically just air frying to get crispy.
- Next, I add my diced onions and season my potatoes pretty heavily and drizzle a bit of oil on them so the seasoning “sticks”. You will need to do this to taste. I measure seasonings on breakfast potatoes with love 😉
- Once the potatoes are softened (either via pressure cooking/microwaving/boiling) and seasoned, I air fry these babies at 400 degrees for approximately 20 minutes (your air fryer might do this faster or it might take more time, just keep an eye on it), tossing every once in a while.
- Voila! Enjoy! Perfectly crispy and tasty air-fried breakfast potatoes that taste just as good as the good old deep fried version!
Ninja Foodi Specific Directions:
- Pour 1 cup of water into the big ninja foodi pot.
- Add your potatoes and onions into the air fryer insert and season heavily. Toss seasoned potatoes with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Close your Ninja Foodi and set to pressure for 1 minute
- Quick-release your ninja foodi when the 1 minute of pressure is up.
- Remove the air fryer basket and pour out the water.
- Air fry the potatoes for 20 minutes on 400, tossing a few times throughout.
Here are some of my other Ninja Foodi favorite recipes!