Amazon currently has this K’NEX Education – Intro to Simple Machines: Gears Set – 198 Pieces – Grades 3-5 – Engineering Education Toy on sale right now.
Features of the K’NEX Education – Intro to Simple Machines: Gears Set – 198 Pieces – Grades 3-5 – Engineering Education Toy:
- ENDLESS BUILDING POSSIBILITIES – Let your children experience endless building possibilities with this unique building system from K’NEX! The Intro to Simple Machines Gears Set comes with 198 parts and pieces that can be clicked together to build 7 fully functioning gear models of real-world machines. This activity will keep your children occupied for hours!
- CURRICULUM INCLUDED: The K’NEX Education Intro to Simple Machines Gears set comes with a comprehensive teacher’s guide that allows for hands-on, inquiry-based exploration using the models included in the set. With this guide, children in grades 3-5 can see real world examples of science concepts in action, including, but not limited to: Making work easier, W = Fd (Work equals force times distance), Ideal Mechanical Advantage, Actual Mechanical Advantage, Gear Ratios, Spur Gears, Crown Gears, Mechanical Systems Energy Transfer and Chain Driven Systems.
- CONVENIENT STORAGE – Storing K’NEX parts and pieces will never be a hassle, since the K’NEX Intro to Simple Machines Gears Set includes a plastic container. All pieces can be placed in this large plastic tub for ease of access and storage.
- EASY TO USE – K’NEX Intro to Simple Machines Gears Set comes with easy-to-follow building instructions and a comprehensive teacher’s guide. Unleash your kids’ creativity as they make their own designs for open-ended fun! This building set is recommended for children grades 3 to 5, and it can accommodate 2 to 3 students working as a team.
- STEAMagination: It’s the connection of STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts & math) with a child’s natural curiosity and creativity and it powers the fun of each and every K’NEX building set. Building with K’NEX puts children on a path towards a fundamental understanding of STEAM/STEM subjects.
- LESSON PLANS AND EXPERIMENTS: All K’NEX Education sets come with either a comprehensive guide for teachers or an experiment guide for student-led learning. All lesson plans and experiment guides are written by expert educators and feature hands-on, inquiry-based projects that engage students in today’s busy classroom.
- ALIGNED TO NATIONAL STANDARDS: K’NEX Education teacher guides and experiment guides are aligned to national educational standards, including ITEEA, NSES, NCTM, NGSS and Common Core.
- REAL WORLD LEARNING: Study after study reveals that students have more success learning STEM subjects through activities related to the real world rather than reading about abstract concepts in textbooks. K’NEX Education sets allow students to build replicas of real-world machines and contraptions and through the lesson plans and experiments, gain a concrete understanding of the principles that make them work.
Discount pricing accurate as of: 12/06/2018 19:21:51
Disclaimer: Details, Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.