One of my very favorite things to do when I was younger was little girl dress up clothes. It was always so much fun to dress up and put on a fashion show for my family or to make our pretend play a little more believable!
Here are some ideas for finding fun little girl dress up clothes:
1. Post holiday clearance sales – Be sure to check the clearance sales after Halloween for great additions to the dress up trunk. You may find costumes of all kinds here that would be great for girls (and boys) to stretch their imaginations with.
2. Clear out your own closet – Here’s a totally free way to stock up your little girl dress up pile… and it’s the way I know best, from when I was little myself! We regularly borrowed clothes from my grandma and mom and would get dressed up to the nines (seriously… hats, pearls, gloves, purses). Then we’d show off our super stylish outfits to the rest of the family.
3. Keep those dance costumes! If your little girl is a tiny dancer – and also loves dress up clothes, be sure to keep those dance costumes on hand. She can have lots of fun re-enacting her recital for her stuffed animal friends. With a tea party reception following the recital, naturally.
4. Be creative – and teach her to be, too! There’s no better way to dress up than to use her imagination. That pink baby blanket can become a pretty fierce superhero cape, with the help of a safety pin or two.
5. Accessorize, accessorize, accessorize. I don’t think the “less is more” mantra fits well within the dress up trunk. This is one time to really go wild and have fun with the costume jewelry. More is more here, without a doubt. It’s a fact that you feel fancier with every string of fake pearls you put on.
These ideas would make a great gift, too, for the little ones in your life! Put together a dress up bin and fill it up for her next birthday!
Find more info on Little Girls Dresses here!