One pan meals have been hit or miss in this household. From what I have experienced, the key is acknowledging that it might take a BIT more attention than the recipe originally dictates. Sometimes you need to let the veggies cook for a bit before adding the meat.
That is the key with this recipe as well. This One Pan Crispy Parmesan Garlic Chicken with Veggies is AMAZING! But you will have to cook the veggies for a bit before you add the chicken.
I consider this a low carb meal and made a few changes from the original recipe (found on The Recipe Critic)
Here is my version of Low Carb Crispy Parmesan Garlic Chicken with Veggies:
Low Carb Crispy Parmesan Garlic Chicken with Veggies
Inspired by The Recipe Critic
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (cut into bite size pieces)
- salt and pepper
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup Italian Bread Crumbs (yes…not low carb, but such a small amount that I don’t sweat it. If you are super strict, you might attempt almond flour?)
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 1/2 pound radishes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Melt butter in a shallow dish. In another shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs (if you are being super strict..you could try almond flour and season it with Italian seasoning? I haven’t tried this yet though), garlic powder and the parmesan cheese
- Salt & Pepper your chicken and then dip the chicken into the butter followed by the parmesan cheese mixture. Set the chicken aside.
- In a large bowl or freezer bag, add your veggies and pour in the remaining parmesan mixture. Shake or toss the veggies to coat thoroughly. Put the veggies on a sheet pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove your veggies from the oven and space out your bite sized chicken pieces on then pan. Bake another 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- At this point you can either take the pan out of broil it for a few minutes (watch carefully) to get everything a bit more crispy!