If your child qualifies for Free School Lunch, you might also qualify for low cost high speed internet through Comcast through a program called Internet Essentials.
While participating in Internet Essentials:
- You get fast home Internet service for only $9.95 a month, plus tax
- You never have any price increases or pay any activation or equipment rental fees
- You can buy a computer at initial enrollment for the low price of just $149.99 + tax
- You can get free Internet training — online, in print and in person
You also get these benefits:
- Constant Guard™ Protection Suite, ($360 value) the most comprehensive online protection suite of any Internet provider, at no additional charge.
- Top-rated Norton™ Security Suite and IDENTITY GUARD.
If you know someone who might need this program, here’s how to sign up:
How to qualify
To qualify for $9.95 a month Internet service and a low-cost computer, your household must meet all these criteria:
- Be located where Comcast offers Internet service
- Have at least one child eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program
- Have not subscribed to Comcast Internet service within the last 90 days
- Not have an overdue Comcast bill or unreturned equipment
How to apply
- Call 1-855-8-INTERNET (1-855-846-8376) to request an application
- We will mail you an application. Complete and return it, along with lunch program documents from your child’s school
- We will notify you by mail about the status of your application. Allow 7-10 days for a response
This could really help some families who can’t otherwise afford internet. Having the internet at home is essential nowadays for any child who needs to come home and do homework, so don’t let a child go without. Share this program with friends and family that need it.