This DIY Easy Chlorine Tablet Holder is made with simple supplies you probably already have in your house! Use this chlorine tablet holder to keep your pool fresh and clean all summer long!
I posted recently on A Southern Mom about how we had purchased a new pool (kind of like this easy set up pool). It’s a small little thing, but it does have a filter and it has enough water in it that we can’t fill it up and empty it out each time we use it.
We’ve been using the filter plus chlorine tabs to keep the pool clean and it’s been working well!
Related: Hot Summer Toys On Sale!
We also bought a larger filter for our pool because the one it came with couldn’t quite keep up. Now our pool is pristine all the time!
That said, pool stuff is expensive! Even for a tiny pool like ours.
When I read that I might want to use 1″ chlorine tabs and that I’d need a floater/dispenser for them I was frustrated by how much STUFF I was buying for this “cheap and easy” pool.
I’m happy to report this works PERFECTLY. We had everything on hand already, so we were not out of pocket for any of the supplies needed to make our Frugal Chlorine Tab Floater.
You will need (and you probably have all of this on hand, if not I have linked where you can get these supplies):
- A small plastic cup
- Scissors or a utility knife
- 1″ chlorine tablets
- Optional: Pool testing kit
- Personalized Fleece Beach Towels Just $16.99 (Reg $34.99 )
- LEGO DUPLO My First Puzzle Pets 10858 Building Blocks (18 Piece) – *On Sale Today* (Price in Post)
- Nuby Ice Gel Teether Keys On Sale Just $3.88 (Reg. $5.99)
- Easter Basket Stuffers Eggs Slime – 28 OZ Easter Eggs Slime Kit 16 Colors for Easter Decorations Parties, Perfect Easter Eggs Basket Gifts in a Bunny Delicate Gift Box for Toddlers Girls Boys – *On Sale Today* (Price in Post)
- FUNNISM 24 Toys Filled Surprise Eggs, 2.5 Inches Bright Colorful Prefilled Plastic Surprise Eggs with 12 Kinds of Popular Toys – *On Sale Today* (Price in Post)
(Just fyi…chlorine tab floaters are NOT very expensive. You can save yourself a bit of work and just buy this one for under $5)
Making our frugal chlorine tab floater was a as simple as cutting a few small holes in a cheap plastic cup, finding some old foam and cutting it to snugly fit as a “ring” around our cup, and plopping a chlorine tab in!
We’re happy as fish 😉
You can use this in smaller kiddie pools as well to make the water last longer. Just be sure you buy a small testing kit to make sure your chlorine levels don’t go too high.
The site where I found the instructions for this diy chlorine floater has since gone offline, but I think the pic above is fairly self explanatory!
Take your plastic cup and cut up some slits. Make 4 evenly spaced so the cup floats evenly. Take you styrofoam ball and cut it to fit your cup snugly. Slip the foam on your cup, throw in the chlorine tablet and let it float!
Be sure to pull this out and put this in a high out of the way place while your kids are enjoying the pool. You don’t want little ones playing with or ingesting the chlorine tab!
Do you want to learn how to save more money so you have more money to spend on your wants? Maybe you just want to save more money to finally build up a safety net, or emergency fund! Let me teach you how you can give yourself a raise today!