This low carb and keto friendly Mediterranean Egg, Veggie & Cheese Scramble Recipe is a great flexible breakfast but also filling enough that you can eat it anytime of the day for lunch or dinner too!
This recipe is super simple.
It seems silly to actually write out a recipe for it to be honest. However, it’s a food combo that I don’t think I would have thought of myself had I not had something similar at Cafe Express one time. I have to say, my version is much better though.
If you like feta cheese, you will LOVE this combo of eggs, veggies and optional sliced deli turkey breast!
This scramble also has the added bonus of being low carb!
Without further ado…
Mediterranean Egg, Veggie & Cheese Scramble Recipe
- 3 eggs, scrambled (not cooked yet)
- veggies (I like to use a handful of spinach and a few cut up tomatoes. If I have chopped onion on hand, I’ll also throw some of that in)
- feta cheese
- olive oil or non stick spray
- salt & pepper
- optional: deli turkey breast
- Heat up a pan on the stove and use either the cooking spray or a drizzle of olive oil to coat the bottom.
- Add whatever veggies you have and cook until they are just wilted/to your liking (they won’t cook much more after you add the eggs)
- If you are using the deli turkey breast, go ahead and add it and stir until it is just warm
- Add salt & pepper to your bowl of scrambled eggs and then pour the uncooked eggs into your scramble
- Cook the egg/veggie scramble under low heat until cooked through
- Sprinkle the eggs with feta and serve!
This makes enough for 2 people or if you are SUPER hungry this can definitely be a filling meal for one!
You can adapt this with any veggies you want. In fact, you can change the flavor profile by subbing bell peppers and using cheddar and chorizo to make more of a mexican egg scramble.
This is a great way to get in some healthy protein and fats without having too many carbs.
Let me know if you give it a try and if you do anything to change it up!