As you may have read, I am NOT a big coupon clipper. I do what I can to save and find coupons for the items I plan to buy, but I simply do not have the time with a husband, 2 small children, and a house to keep tidy, to spend clipping, organizing, and planning shopping trips. You can see my previous articles about part time couponing here and here.
Sunday, I grabbed a newspaper, knowing there would be 4 inserts in my paper. One was a Proctor & Gamble insert, which I always look out for. CVS and Walgreens (the only two chain drugstores in my area) each had deals that went along with these coupons. CVS has a great deal going on this week–purchase $30 of specially marked items and receive a $10 CVS Cash Card! So, I planned my purchases and off I went!
Here’s my CVS trip. I purchased my items in two transactions.
- Pantene Shampoo & Conditioner–3/$9.99; $3 off 2 coupon from Sunday’s paper; Final Price 3/$7 ($2.33 each)
- Charmin TP–$5.49; $0.25 coupon from Sunday’s paper; Final Price $5.24
- Crest Toothpaste–$3.74; $0.75 coupon from Sunday’s paper; Final Price $2.99
- Pampers Baby Dry Box–$18.99; $1 coupon from Sunday’s paper; Final Price $17.99
- I paid $35.89 OOP and received a $10 CVS Cash Card, plus I received $1.50 ECB from my prior purchases.
Taking into account the CVS Cash Card, it’s like spending $25.89! Next came transaction #2, where I used the ECB and CVS Cash Card.
- Tide–$5.94; $2 coupon from Sunday’s paper; Final Price $3.94
- Tampax Tampons–$3.99; $2 coupon from Sunday’s paper; Final Price $1.99
- Using $1.50 ECB and Cash Card, I paid $0 out-of-pocket and have $4.98 left on my CVS Cash Card!
Total spent OOP=$35.89, saved $29.18 (sales + coupons), and have $4.98 left on my CVS Cash Card!
A successful couponing trip!
There was one sale at Walgreens that I was interested in and it was for Cheerios and Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereals. You may have noticed these cereal coupons posted yesterday here on Family Friendly Frugality. If you are interested in shopping this deal, go on over and print these out
- Selected cereal–4/$10 and receive $3RR
- – $1/2 Cheerios (any) coupon and two $0.50 off 1 Cinnamon Toast Crunch printable coupons;
- Total OOP=$8.30 and $3 RR printed for next purchase at Walgreens;
- Like paying $5.30 total or $1.32/box!!!
Want to learn more about strategic shopping or how to play the drug store game? Check out our “Start Here” section! Also, be on the lookout for our weekly coupon match ups each Sunday.