PMD Personal Home Microderm Abrasion Tool Review
I was recently able to review the PMD Personal Home Microderm Abrasion Tool from Best Buy. At first I wasn’t so sure what the purpose of this tool was! I knew it had something to do with skin and aging, but I honestly didn’t know much about the process.
When I first received my PMD Personal Home Microderm Abrasion Tool I opened the box and looked for the instruction packet. It wasn’t in there! I saw that there was a DVD included and realized that the instructions for use would be on the DVD.
To be honest, this bugged me because I’m a really fast reader. I’ve never really been a fan of video content or video instructions because I have a super short attention span!
Finally though, I sat down to watch the DVD and get my instructions. Luckily the DVD was pretty short and the directions were pretty basic.
How to Use the PMD Personal Microderm Tool
The PMD Personal Home Microderm Abrasion Tool comes with 5 exfoliating discs (2 textures) and 2 caps. Use use the larger discs and cap for the flatter portions of your face. Your cheeks and parts of your forehead and chin primarily.
You use the smaller discs for the more contoured areas of your face. One color is for more sensitive skin and the other color is for rougher skin and/or when your skin becomes more tolerant.
Okay, so first off you put the disc you want to use on your tool. Then, you plug in your PMD Personal Microderm Tool.
Next, while holding the skin a bit taut, you go over the skin with the PMD Personal Home Microderm Abrasion Tool turned on.
I’ll admit, since I’ve never had any sort of abrasive on my skin prior to this other than a scrubbing mask, I was a bit shocked at how this felt!
However, I noticed right away the difference it was making. I could see more vibrant skin even if it did look pink tinged and a bit questionable for awhile afterwards. The next day, after the majority of the redness had died down, I noticed that some of my acne scarring looked a bit lighter.
I was supposed to use this for two weeks (1 treatment a week) before writing my review, but I wanted to give it one more week. You see, I’ve had this one scar on my cheek (on an otherwise clear section of skin) since I was 16 years old. I had horrible acne as a teen and do not have clear skin as an adult either. But this one section of my cheek would be perfect skin if only this scar wasn’t present. I noticed this scar lightning after the first treatment.
After the 2nd treatment, it was no longer visible at all with makeup. I wanted to give it one more week to see if one more treatment would get rid of this scar.
It’s GONE! Now I’d love to post a picture, but the truth is, I’m still rather sensitive about my skin and I just couldn’t bring myself to do it! So you’ll have to take my word for it. 😉
Here are my pros and cons for the PMD Personal Home Microderm Abrasion Tool:
- Really did get rid of my scarring! The rest of my scars are getting lighter and lighter.
- Pretty easy to use and not a long process at all.
- My skin looks more vibrant and healthy
- I wish they would include written directions. The site says they do, so maybe my box was just missing one?
- This isn’t really a con on this product, you just have to be careful not to do this just prior to any special events (this goes for ANY facial treatment though). My face was red for at least 24 hours in some spots each time.
- You need to use toner and a moisturizer AND sunscreen for the product to be as effective as it can be. They stress in the disc that you need to use these items and yet they aren’t including. I’d think maybe samples at least would be helpful. I just used what I have on hand, but maybe I could be getting better results?
All in all, I really do like the PMD Personal Home Microderm Abrasion Tool and will continue using it.
You can find the PMD Personal Home Microderm Abrasion Tool on Best Buy’s website here.
Disclaimer: I have received the reviewed product from Best Buy for free. All opinions are my own.