Now that I’m approaching 30, my skin is somewhat better, but plenty of scars still remain. I also still breakout quite often. It’s in different areas now and it’s not quite as painful, but as a 29 year old woman, it’s still very frustrating.
Typically, my make up of choice is a thick liquid foundation. Of course there’s plenty of concealer and a good caking of pressed powder on top as well.
I did try a brief stint with mineral make up a few years back, but during my pregnancy with my daughter my skin changed and it just didn’t seem to be compatible with my complexion any longer.
Needless to say, I was a bit hesitant when I received my Pür Minerals 5-Piece NEW Start Now Kit! in the mail to review. I just wasn’t sure it would work for me.
Not only that, I am a mom, so my time to get ready is very limited.
I opened up the kit and this is what was inside:
- 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup (.15 oz): Loose powders are so last year. Combining pure mineral pigment with the finest skin care ingredients, our all-in-one foundation, concealer, powder and SPF 15 has inspired generations of women to forget the mess and go pressed.
- Neutral Primer (.3 fl oz): While most primers create the illusion of a more uniform complexion, our skin correcting formula contains special key ingredients that minimize the look of pores, dark spots and fine lines for a truly flawless makeup canvas.
- Mineral Glow (.12 oz): Combining premium quality minerals with proven firming ingredients, Mineral Glow gives skin a natural-looking touch of sun with added skin care benefits.
- Impact+ Mascara (.12 oz): Lengthen, thicken or curl—most mascaras give you just one option. Impact+ gives you all three, with the added benefit of extreme lash hydration for naturally healthier looking lashes.
- Chisel Brush: Designed specifically for our 4-in-1 formula, this cruelty-free total coverage brush delivers an effortlessly even application every time. Also works with Pür specialty powders
The first thing I did was put some of the Neutral Primer on my face. It was very light and not greasy feeling at all. I let it dry and then started to sweep on the 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup in a circular motion. I was so surprised at the coverage! I also loved the chisel brush that they included in the package. It was nice and soft on my face.
I used a bit of the mineral glow as blush and swept the Impact+ Mascara on my eyelids. So pretty!
I love the coverage of this makeup. You wouldn’t think a powder could feel this light, but cover so well. I have tried other mineral makeups, and I honestly think Pur Mineral’s is top notch above the rest!
Would you like to win a Pür Minerals 5-Piece NEW Start Now Kit!?
You can enter to win using 1 or all of the following options:
- “Like” Pur Minerals on Facebook
- “Like” Family Friendly Frugality on Facebook
- Subscribe to the Pur Minerals Newsletter
- Subscribe to the Family Friendly Frugality newsletter
- Subscribe the the Pur Minerals You Tube Channel
- Tweet about the giveaway via the entry form (you can do this DAILY! for more chances)
All you have to do is fill out the form below to enter to win! All entries will be accepted using the Rafflecopter entry system. Feel free to leave a comment to remind yourself that you entered OR to remark on the product, but it will not be a valid entry into the giveaway.
This giveaway ends on October 28, 2011.
Disclaimer: I received a starter kit from Pur Minerals to facilitate my review. All opinions are my own and I received no monetary compensation for this review. The giveaway products will be provided to the winners from Pur Minerals as well. These giveaways are not affiliated with Facebook or Twitter. They are sponsored by Pur Minerals and facilitated by Family Friendly Frugality.