So with all the hub-bub of the Crockpot Girls on Facebook. Some blogger friends and I decided to start our own page called the Slow Cooker Squad and combine it with a Slow Cooker Linky. We would love it if you would join us on Facebook- make sure you like the Slow Cooker Squad!
This week, I’m a bit behind and my slow cooker recipe is actually slow cooking as I type! It’s super easy though, and is probably the most generic of all slow cooker recipes!
Quick & Easy Roast Beef w/ Potatoes, Carrots & Onions
- Beef Roast
- Red Potatoes (just the smaller ones…put enough in for each family member. I usually slice them in half)
- 2 onions (I quarter the onions and than half the quarters)
- 3 carrots peeled and cut into sturdy chunks
- olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Pat the roast dry with a few paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour enough flour onto a plate to lightly coat the roast.
- Meanwhile, heat up a pan with some olive oil (just drizzle, we’re not deep frying, just browning).
- Roll the roast in the flour and set the roast into the heated oil
- Brown the roast on all sides.
- Meanwhile add the veggies to the slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper.
- When the roast is done browning, set it on top of the veggies and pop the lid on your slow cooker.
- Let it cook for 8-10 hours on LOW.
Simple food sometimes taste best, so don’t be thrown off by the lack of fancy spices or garnishes in this dish. This is simple good hearty food!
Be sure to check out all the great recipes from the Slow Cooker Squad this week in the linky below and feel free to link up your own Slow Cooker recipe! (Don’t have a blog? You can post your recipe right on our Facebook page, or just hop along the linky and enjoy the recipes!)
Come back every Monday to share your delicious slow cooker recipes AND feel free to post recipes and tips on the Facebook page all week long!