So with all the hub-bub of the Crockpot Girls on Facebook. Some blogger friends and I decided to start our own page called the Slow Cooker Squad and combine it with a Slow Cooker Linky. We would love it if you would join us on Facebook- make sure you like the Slow Cooker Squad!
Today’s Slow Cooker Squad recipe is brought to us by Cheryl Siens.
This crock pot meal is so easy and delicious. I usually put it on when my husband leaves for work and it is done by mid-afternoon. It just takes a few minutes to throw in the crock pot, so it’s good for one of those days when you have lots of things to do away from the house.
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 16 oz jar salsa
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves (I use frozen)
- flour or corn tortillas
- Dump corn, then beans, then ½ jar salsa into crock pot. Add chicken breasts and top with remaining salsa.
- Cook 3-4 hours on high or 7-8 hours on low in crock pot.
- Break up chicken breasts with a fork and serve on tortillas. You can top with cheese, add jalapenos, or whatever else you like on a taco.
I hope you’ll try and enjoy this yummy slow cooker recipe!
Be sure to check out all the great recipes from the Slow Cooker Squad this week in the linky below and feel free to link up your own Slow Cooker recipe! (Don’t have a blog? You can post your recipe right on our Facebook page, or just hop along the linky and enjoy the recipes!)
Come back every Monday to share your delicious slow cooker recipes AND feel free to post recipes and tips on the Facebook page all week long!
Are you interested in guest posting on Family Friendly Frugality? Please email me heather @ familyfriendlyfrugality.com. I’m looking for anything in the family friendly/frugal niche, but specifically how-to’s, DIY posts and RECIPES! Must be original content not posted elsewhere.