This post contains sponsored content. All opinions are my own.
Oh this one made me tear up! Right now, Lean Cuisine has a beautiful campaign titled #WeighThis.
I think, especially this time of year, we can tend to get caught up on what the number on the scale says more than what really matters in our lives.
That’s not to say health doesn’t matter. That’s not to say that fitness and good food aren’t important.
What it does say is that no matter if you are 4 lbs, 40 lbs or 400 lbs…you are more than your weight. We are all unique and we are all beautiful. We all have something special to bring to the table. Our life experiences and passions are what make each and every one of us worthy and most of all…INTERESTING!
What a boring world this would be if we all fit into the same mold. What a boring world this would be if we all cared about the same things. What a lack of life and beauty that world would consist of.
Embrace what REALLY matters. Embrace what makes YOU…YOU!
This campaign came at a great time for me. I’ve been eating better and working out but I have not been seeing progress. That is so frustrating. To be honest, I’ve let the frustration consume me a bit.
After watching the video (above) though, I realize I’m putting more weight on my WEIGHT than all of the awesome things that are currently going on in my life right now.
1. My kids are home for summer and I’m loving the opportunity to live a bit slower with them.
2. I’m getting some time to reconnect with my husband. After MONTHS without dates, our kids are currently in a nightly VBS that allows us to have a bit of time together each night. So priceless and necessary.
3. I’m back in the gym. Progress or not, I’m active and I know it’s making a difference
4. I’m taking the summer to reconnect with friends and family that I didn’t get to see much of all year long.
5. I’m sewing a lot more and I’m really enjoying branching out and really pushing myself out of my comfort zone with this beloved craft.
Wow, my life is FULL! My life is interesting. My life is different than yours and different than absolutely everybody else’s in the world! My weight is just ONE of many things that make me…me. And it’s one of the least important.
I hope you take some time to reflect on what matters this swimsuit season. Psst, it’s not what you look like in your swimsuit! 😉