*If I’ve linked you to this, it’s because I feel you need to read 1 or all 5 of my disclaimers below.
I’ve been meaning to write this disclaimer for some time now. Honestly, it will mainly serve as a way to remind people that even though a deal/coupon might not be for you, that doesn’t mean it’s not a valuable offer to share.
Just a few things:
1. One man’s garbage is another man’s gold. This holds true for deals and coupons too! Now, I’d like to say I don’t post anything that is garbage! But if you are a vegetarian and I post an awesome coupon for pork loin…this is your opportunity to skip over a coupon and wait for the next one. What this does NOT mean is that it’s fair for you to comment with a 2 paragraph long reason why pork is disgusting and everyone should live off of green beans 😉 . Keep some things to yourself 😉
2. Prices flucuate all year long, but necessity and means flucuate as well. Maybe you were able to purchase that awesome deal on Amazon a few weeks back. Now the price is a bit higher, but still a great price! Be careful suggesting to other readers to not take advantage of the deal because you got it for cheaper. Definitely mention it to them! But do know that you might have gotten a real STEAL and by downgrading the deal by making a rude comment, you might keep someone else from saving money (even if it’s not as much money as they could have saved.).
3. Not everyone has a Target. Not everyone has a Rite Aid. Not everyone has the desire to shop at Walmart. It’s cool to mention lower prices elsewhere, but once again keep in mind that sometimes we post deals that might not be the lowest price in town BUT we do so with the thought in mind that not everyone has access to the same stores.
4. I’m human gosh darnit 😉 . This means I make mistakes. If my kids are home and I’m trying to blog? I’m guaranteed to make mistakes. I make no claim that I’m perfect. I do claim that I strive for honesty and integrity and will never try to pull the wool over your eyes. If it seems that I have made a mistake, please be kind. I am far too sensitive to be a blogger, and yet it’s what I love to do. So have a soft heart when you point out my flubs and miscalculations, I promise to respond in kind.
5. From here on out I will delete Facebook comments that simply exist for the sake of being negative. Luckily, those are far and few between, but lately they have been creeping up. I’ve always said that I would NEVER delete Facebook comments unless they were attacking my readers or laced with profanity. Nowadays though? I’m soooo sick of the negativity. I do not, I REPEAT, do not need more negativity in my life. So from now on…if you post a comment just for the sake of saying something negative, I will delete it. None of my regular readers do this. It’s generally just spammers, but honestly it’s got to stop!
Finally, I love the Family Friendly Frugality community. This post is mainly for my only sanity though. As Family Friendly Frugality has grown, so has the negativity.
I don’t have time for negativity and neither should you! 😉