When my son was younger, he refused to eat meat. Truth be told, he’s still incredibly hesitant to eat meat! I found this recipe in SuperFoods: For Babies and Children and adapted it a bit for my picky boy.
It was such a hit with the whole family! We love to make a ton and freeze them for a quick snack.
Yummy Kid Friendly Chicken Balls
- cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled and grated
- Two 5-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh white bread crumbs
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, crumbled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- All-purpose flour for coating
- drizzle of olive oil
- Spray a pan with cooking spray and heat the carrot and onions until translucent
- Squeeze all the liquid you can from the grated apple (this is important! if there’s too much liquid, your chicken balls will fall apart)
- Add the grated apple, chicken, onion, carrot, parsley, thyme, bread crumbs and bouillon cube to a food processor and mix together until everything is uniform.
- Season with salt and pepper and roll into 20 balls. Roll the balls in a bit of flour.
- Heat some oil in a pan and heat the chicken balls until they are fully browned and cooked through (around 4-5 minutes).
The kids love this easy easy meal! It makes plenty for a family dinner as well.
I hope you love it!
If you are interested in purchasing the cookbook I adapted this recipe from, you can find it on Amazon. I highly recommend it!
One thought on “Yummy Kid Friendly Chicken Balls”
New follower! Enjoying your blog!
Visit me here http://la-lashomedaycare.blogspot.com