Leftover mashed potatoes are a rarity in our household.
It happens though. From time to time, we end up with some leftover mashed potatoes and when we do, I make one of two recipes.
Either Shepard’s Pie (I’ll have to post the recipe for that one day!) or this tasty Cheesy Mashed Potato and Broccoli Casserole!
This is too easy! Use what you have on hand to make it your own.
Cheesy Mashed Potato and Broccoli Casserole
Adapted from Damn Delicious
- Around 2 cups of Leftover Mashed Potatoes
- 12 ounces broccoli florets (slightly steamed)
- 2 cups cheddar or colby jack cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed Ritz crackers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly grease a casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Spread mashed potatoes along the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Layer the steamed broccoli on top of the mashed potatoes. Top with cheese and ritz crackers.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until cheese is melted.