During the week, we eat always have something quick for breakfast….cereal, frozen waffles, fruit, etc. On the weekends, I’m wanting something special and savory!
This Easy Sausage Breakfast Casserole is my ‘go to’ recipe for something special, but easy! I put it together the night before, then just pop it in the oven first thing in the morning!
Easy Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- 6 slices of bread
- 2 cups half & half
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 lb. pork sausage, browned and drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- 6 eggs, beaten
- Remove crusts from bread and butter on each side.
- Place bread in 9×13 inch glass baking dish.
- Spoon sausage over bread and sprinkle with cheese.
- Mix eggs, half & half, salt, and pepper, then pour on top of cheese.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Remove from fridge 15 min. before baking.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Yes, it’s that easy! Now, I’m from Georgia, so I can’t have this Easy Sausage Breakfast Casserole without a side of hot, buttery grits!
As you can see, this casserole is really versatile. Make it healthier by using turkey sausage, add some spinach, use milk in place of half & half, etc. Get creative and impress your family!
Enjoy this Easy Sausage Breakfast Casserole!
*Try out all the frugal recipes on Family Friendly Frugality!