Easy Cake Batter Pancake Recipe
This super easy cake batter pancake recipe is the perfect special celebration breakfast! Use a box mix of cake mix to make these cake batter pancakes a breeze. My kids would argue that the delicious icing makes these cake batter pancakes next level AWESOME! #cakebatterpancakes #breakfastcelebration #pancakerecipe #homemadepancakes
It was a radically different experience in comparison with the birth of my son. When he was born, I loved him instantly, but I didn’t know what was to come, it was all a mystery.
My sweet boy taught me to be a mom and taught me what it felt like to earn and receive the love of a child. When Elizabeth came into this world, I knew the love and the laughter that awaited. I felt joy and elation at what the next years of our lives together would bring.
Today she’s 3 and I have not been disappointed for one minute. God could not have blessed me with a daughter that was more perfect and more perfectly imperfect in all the right ways. I’m honored to be her mom every single day.
I love you Princess Peach!
In honor of my sweet girl’s birthday, I decided she needed a special breakfast! I saw these pancakes a few weeks back and I just knew I had to make them!
I woke up early to get them prepared (I actually mixed the dry ingredients the night before since I don’t trust myself with flour and other powdery ingredients first thing in the morning!) and was taking the very last picture (Hey I’m a blogger, it’s a requirement) as the kids walked out of their room and were greeted by Lizzie’s new pink scooter (pulled out of our gift closet. Both the scooter and the LaLaLoopsy doll were bought for under $20 combined!) 😉
These were tasty, and the kids LOVED them. I’m not a sweet breakfast eater, but the bit I did have was very tasty and enjoyable.
Definitely make these for the next birthday in your family! Any excuse to be a Rockstar Mommy, right? 😉
Cake Batter Pancakes
Source: How Sweet It Is
Ingredients for Pancakes:
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup yellow cake mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1-2 cups milk (mine needed closer to 2, but I started at 1 and added little by little)
- rainbow sprinkles
1. Mix dry ingredients (flour, cake mix, sugar, baking powder & salt…you can do this the night before if you can’t be trusted with flour in the morning 😉 )
2. Add wet ingredients and mix until fully combined. Start with 1 cup of milk and add more if necessary. I needed close to 2 cups. You want the batter to be a bit on the thin side but not watery at all. Just like typical pancake batter. According to How Sweet It Is, it seems to depend on what cake mix you buy how much milk you need.
3. Fold in sprinkles
4. Cook the pancakes like normal on a hot griddle or pan.
Ingredients for Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon milk (to start)
Directions for Glaze:
1. Mix the powdered sugar, vanilla & milk together until it forms a glaze. You might need to add more milk.
2. Add sprinkles
3. Pour over pancakes!
This recipe made us 10 pancakes but some of my earlier pancakes were too big, so it could probably easily make 12.
What a special treat for a birthday breakfast!