I know there is always a bit of controversy surrounding monetizing your blog.
You either are for it or you hate it.
Personally? I love it.
It’s no secret that my blog is monetized. I try to be as upfront about it as I can so people can make the decision themselves about whether they want to click my links (please do!) or not.
Monetizing my blog allows me to get paid for doing something I love. It allows me to get paid for something that takes time away from my family. It allows me to get paid for helping a store get a sale, or a sign-up or simply helping get a site NOTICED!
I decided early on that I wouldn’t ever promote anything I:
A. Wouldn’t take advantage of myself (not to say I take advantage of every deal I post…I’m not made of money!)
B. Wouldn’t fit in with my own moral standards (for instance, you’ll never see me promote anything that is illegal!)
C. Would be considered spammy or unhelpful to my readers.
My goal is to enrich your life by providing deals, access to special offers and links to coupons…and I get paid a bit for it. I’m not ashamed of it. I own it, and it works for me.
Now, am I making enormous wads of cash doing this? Absolutely not. I know there are people that make 6 figures blogging. I am certainly not one of them! Do I even make a living? No, not by any stretch of the imagination.
In time though? I do hope to earn enough to allow me to work from home even after my children are in school so I can be more available to them. Every time a reader supports my efforts, I get a step closer to that goal.
I think because I am so upfront about my affiliations and have my disclaimer right at the bottom of all of my posts, I get a lot of emails asking HOW I monetize my blog.
Here are a few links to companies I am affiliated with:
- Google Adsense-If you have a blog, this is the easiest ad network you can sign up with.
- ShopHer– I don’t use this affiliate network that often, but often when I link to a coupon, I use their coupon printing links.
- Commission Junction– a network with Best Buy, Restaurant.com, Torrid, etc
- Linkshare– Toys R Us, Itunes, Walmart, etc
- Amazon Affiliate – This is my favorite! Who doesn’t love Amazon? It’s actually really easy to make money as an Amazon affiliate just by sharing the things you love.
- RewardStyle – RewardStyle can be a bit tough to get into for a new influencer, but it’s worth it!
- ShareASale – I love ShareASale for online retailers such as Jane and Proozy. I link to the great deals on these sites on a regular basis and ShareASale helps make this a win/win for me and my readers!
Looking for more resources on starting a blog and monetizing a blog? Click the links below!
- Monetizing Your Blog: Building Traffic
- 10 Reasons Why New Blogs Fail
- WMFW: Small Trickles Make A Stream (Make Money Online)
- How to Start a Successful Money Making Blog
- Bloggers: How Do You Monetize Your Blog?