So I know there is always a bit of controversy surrounding monetizing your blog. You either are for it or you hate it. Personally? I love it. It’s no secret that my blog is monetized. I try to be as up front about it as I can so people can make the decision themselves about whether they want to click my links (please do!) or not.
Monetizing my blog allows me to get paid for doing something I love. It allows me to get paid for something that takes time away from my family. It allows me to get paid for helping a store get a sale, or a sign up or simply helping get a site NOTICED!
I decided early on that I wouldn’t ever promote anything I:
A. Wouldn’t take advantage of myself (not to say I take advantage of every deal I post…I’m not made of money!)
B. Wouldn’t fit in with my own moral standards (for instance, you’ll never see me promote anything that isn’t family friendly)
C. Would be considered spammy or unhelpful to my readers.
My goal is to enrich your life (and my own) by providing deals, access to special offers and links to coupons and coupon match ups…and I get paid a bit for it. I’m not ashamed of it. I own it, and it works for me.
Now am I making enormous wads of cash doing this? Absolutely not. I know there are people that make 6 figures blogging. I am certainly not one of them! Do I even make a living? No, not by any stretch of the imagination.
In time though? I do hope to earn enough to allow me to work from home even after my children are in school so I can be more available to them. Every time a reader supports my efforts, I get a step closer to that goal.
I think because I am so upfront about my affiliations and have my disclaimer right at the bottom of all of my posts, I get a lot of emails asking HOW I monetize my blog.
Here are a few links to companies I am affiliated with:
- Google Adsense-If you have a blog, this is the easiest affiliation you can sign up with. If you have a blogger based blog, it’s super easy to add on
- Google Affiliate Network-this is a network that has companies like Target, Lane Bryant, Kmart, etc
- Logical Media– they have coupons.com, vistaprint, a lot of revolving offers
- Escalate Media– similar to Logical Media
- MySavings-similar to Logical Media and Escalate Media
- Commission Junction– a network with Best Buy, Restaurant.com, Torrid, etc
- Linkshare– Toys R Us, Itunes, Walmart, etc
This post may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click/purchase/sign up for this offer, I may receive a small amount of compensation for it. A win for you and a win for me! Have a GREAT day!