Looking for even more tasty low carb/keto recipes? Try these out:
This Bacon Cheddar Instant Pot Low Carb Chicken is amazing! If you are on a low carb diet or doing the keto diet, you need to make this ASAP. (You also need to try THIS amazing-ness ASAP!)
This would be great served over mashed cauliflower, but I was already a bit high on my carbs yesterday, so I just ate a serving of this all by itself. It was filling, flavorful and did not disappoint. My husband RAVED!
I was inspired by this recipe here and didn’t stray too far from the original.
Bacon Cheddar Instant Pot Low Carb Chicken
Supplies I used:
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 pieces of bacon
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- salt & pepper
- Parmesan Garlic Seasoning (I think this really gave a TON of flavor!)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Turn your Instant Pot on and put it in Saute mode (I always adjust to the highest setting when I saute). Cut up your bacon (I cut mine in half, next time I will probably cut it in quarters) and cook until crispy. Remove bacon and set aside on a paper towel.
- Next I seasoned my chicken breast with salt & pepper and parmesan garlic seasoning.
- I sauted my chicken breasts until just brown (I had to do these 2 at a time), remove the chicken breasts when they are browned and put them on a plate.
- Next I poured my chicken broth into my instant pot and scraped up all of the yummy brown bits on the bottom of the pan.
- I returned the chicken back to my pot and turned it off. I put the lid on and put it on the poultry setting for 11 minutes.
- I let the pressure naturally release and then opened my pot.
- Using my kitchen aid, I shredded the chicken and then put it back in the instant pot.
- Once again, I turned my pot to saute mode on high and added my heavy cream, cream cheese, a bit more salt & pepper and let it simmer for about 10 more minutes.
- Finally, I turned off my pot and added cheddar cheese and crumbled up bacon on top. I let it sit until the cheese was melty and then we ate!
This was so good and if you are NOT low carb, you can enjoy this over pasta or rice!
You might also like: