Do you have plans for Valentine’s Day yet? Restaurants are always SO crowded and you end up breaking the bank trying to have a ‘special’ dinner. How about staying IN and making a restaurant quality meal at a MUCH LOWER price?! Try our Chicken, Bacon, & Cheese Stuffed Pastry!
This recipe has tender chicken, crispy bacon, melted cheese, and a flaky pastry. I bet I’ve got your attention now!
I adapted this recipe for Chicken, Bacon, & Cheese Stuffed Pastry from a Rachel Ray recipe, Love Birds–Chicken in Pastry. You aren’t going to believe how easy this restaurant quality main dish is!
Chicken, Bacon, & Cheese Stuffed Pastry
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- Blackening seasoning, or seasoning of your choice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 slices of mozzarella cheese
- 6 strips of bacon, cooked
- 1 sheet puffed pastry (I use Pepperidge Farm), thawed to room temperature.
- Season chicken with blackening seasoning. Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Place chicken in skillet and cook through to internal temperature of 165 degrees. You want the chicken fully cooked in this step!
- Cut the pastry into 6 pieces. Place a slice of mozzarella cheese on pastry, then bacon & chicken.
- Pinch and seal the pastry around the cheese, bacon, and chicken, flip over and place on greased baking sheet.
- Brush the tops of the pastry with egg wash (1 egg + 1 tablespoon water). This will give you a nice golden brown top.
- Bake in pre-heated 400 degree oven for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown.
Yes, it’s that easy! When we have Chicken, Bacon, & Cheese Stuffed Pastry for dinner, I actually cook the chicken & bacon ahead of time (during the kids’ nap time!). All I have to do is assemble, then bake, and dinner is ready in a snap!
So this Valentine’s Day, send the kids to the grandparents, save your money & sanity, and enjoy a restaurant quality meal at your own home!
Hope you enjoy the Chicken, Bacon, & Cheese Stuffed Pastry!
*Here’s a $1/2 Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry printable coupon for you!