Another family favorite. And the best part is that it’s an easy, thow-it-together-in-ten-minutes kinda meal. Hope you enjoy.
Chicken & Rice
- 1 stick butter
- 1 1/2 cup rice
- 2 envelopes onion soup mix
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2-5 chicken breasts (depends on their size. Cut into nuggets or strips based on preference)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Melt 1 stick of butter in skillet.
- Brown 1 ½ cup of rice in butter.
- Transfer rice to casserole dish (9×13).
- Add 2 envelopes Onion Soup mix, 2 ½ cups water and chicken pieces. (You can use anywhere from 2-5 breasts, depending their size. Lately, I’ve been using 2 verrrry large breasts. Sometimes I cut then nugget size, other times I cut them into strips – your choice.)
- Salt and pepper the chicken pieces.
- Cover with foil, and cook 1 hour at 350°.