I know that spring has finally sprung and you might be starting to think of tasty warm weather meals. Salads, sandwiches, grilled items and more!
Stick with me though, because this soup is so good and SO simple that it is something you’ll want in your back pocket for year round use.
This Tomato Basil Slow Cooker Soup is so tasty and so rich. Pair it with a simple grilled cheese sandwich or a salad for a nice filling meal.
(NOTE: This is NOT a low fat soup! You could try to “lighten” it, but I don’t guarantee it will taste near as awesome!)
Tomato Basil Slow Cooker Soup
inspired by AllRecipes
- 4 dice tomatoes (remove seeds, no need to peel)
- 4 cups tomato juice (I used Campbell’s)
- 12-14 leaves of basil
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add tomatoes and tomato juice to crockpot, allow to simmer away until about an hour before you plan to eat
- Add basil and use either an immersion blender (I have this one and LOVE it) or a regular blender (this will be HOT) to puree the basil and tomato mixture together. If you removed the soup from the slow cooker to puree it, carefully pour it back in.
- Add cream and butter and mix together well. Salt and pepper to taste (tomato basil soup is typically fairly salty, so be generous!). Allow to slow cook for one more hour.