Here is a recipe that is quick, easy, inexpensive and tasty. It’s one of those recipes where you can buy the ingredients, then wait till you’ve had one of those days. Even when you are frazzled and running behind, you can still serve your family a hot, delicious meal with very little effort. Everything comes out of your pantry except the pie crust, and you can keep that in the fridge for weeks.
CHICKEN POT PIE
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) Veg•All Original Mixed Vegetables, drained
- 1 can (10 oz.) cooked chicken, drained
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 frozen ready-to-bake pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 375º F
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl; mix well
- Place one pie crust into 9-inch pie pan; pour vegetable mixture into pie crust.
- Top with remaining crust, crimp edges to seal, and prick top with fork. Or if you want to get fancy, try using mini cookie cutters to cut designs into the crust. Just place the pieces of crust that you cut out on the top of the crust.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes (on lower rack) or until crust is golden brown and filling is hot. You may need to wrap the edges of the crust in foil for the first 35 or 40 minutes to keep the edges from burning.
- Allow pie to cool slightly before cutting into wedges to serve.
Makes 4 servings (but it’s really easy to double)
Are you interested in guest posting on Family Friendly Frugality? Please email me heather @ familyfriendlyfrugality.com. I’m looking for anything in the family friendly/frugal niche, but specifically how-to’s, DIY posts and RECIPES! Must be original content not posted elsewhere.
4 thoughts on “Quick & Easy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe”
This is how I make mine too! It is so yummy. Sometimes I use Cream of Mushroom Soup or Mushroom Gravy. Gravy makes it creamier, Soup drier. I cook up fresh chicken breast and use frozen veggies. Both are a healthier option for my family. I hope others enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
My favorite chicken pot pie is Banquet….and it’s only 59 cents! LOL
To make it even easier some times I will use canned biscuits instead of a pie crust. Just drop the biscuits on top of the filling and bake according to the biscuit directions.
I use left over roast, potatoes and carrots and make the same thing. Easy and delicious!