These are so good y’all!
This makes a LOT of Pecan Pie bars though, so if you are like me and you are the only pecan pie eater in your household…get out some goodie bags for friends and family!
This would be perfect to bring to a potluck or a church dinner. I’m thinking about making it for the week my Bible Study group does breakfast for our church! (so what, I have had a few of these as breakfast sometimes. Nuts. Those are healthy.)
Pecan Pie Bars Recipe
- 1 cup butter (leave out on the counter for about 30 minutes)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup corn syrup
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups pecans
- sea salt (optional)
- Cream together the butter and white sugar.
- Add the flour and either use two forks or a pastry cutter until the dough is kind of crumbly. If you pick up a ball of dough, you should be able to smush it together.
- Add the dough mixture into a greased 9×13 baking dish and bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes. Until just very slightly brown on top. Remove from oven.
- Next, mix together the eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, maple syrup and vanilla until well combined. Add the pecans.
- Pour the pecan mixture over the top of the crust and put it back in the oven for around 15-20 minutes.
- When you remove it, you can top it with some sea salt.
- Once it cools, place it in the refrigerator until it cools. Then cut it into 24 bite sized pieces or larger pieces if you want to serve it as a full dessert.
Do you see that ooey gooey layer there? That’s my favorite thing in the whole wide world I think.
16 thoughts on “Easy Pecan Pie Bars Recipe”
thank you for this! I am going to try this sugar free, and using almond meal instead of the white flour, here’s to hoping itturns out as yummy as that LOOKS! 😀
Christine, let me know!!!
I made these today. Delicious! Better than pecan pie! A recipe I will be using again. Thank you for sharing!
Awesome! I’m so glad you loved it! I so want to make them again but they are dangerous if I’m not taking them somewhere out of this house!
I’m English but live in Greece. I love pecan pie cannot wait to make your receipe but what is corn syrup?
Hmm, I’m not really sure how to explain it! I’m not sure you can make pecan pie without it, so I’m assuming it must be called something else where you live. The brand I use is Karo? Maybe you can try to make it at home? http://www.cupcakeproject.com/2012/02/homemade-corn-syrup-you-can-use-in.html
Is it like olive oil or sunflower oil?
I don’t use corn syrup for ANYTHING. I use “Lyle’s Golden Syrup”. It’s all-natural cane sugar syrup.
Interesting. I’ll have to check that out! Is this it? http://amzn.to/1sSzfet
The bottle I have is shaped differently, but other than that, I think it’s the same product. I found it at Meijer (grocery store in Michigan) in the ethnic aisle. It’s shipped in from the UK. I love it, you can’t tell the difference between this and corn syrup.
This is what I buy. 🙂
I have heard that real maple syrup makes an amazing pecan pie. I bet that would taste good too.
Yum. I bet you are right!
I use real maple syrup and it is great. I don’t use corn syrup for anything.
I made these today and they turned out REALLY yummy. I used to make a recipe similar to this but they were in muffin format. Bars are easier because they don’t stick to any liner! Thanks for the recipe! 🙂
Glad you enjoyed it!