|Make a Healthier Version at Home!|
So today’s Tot Tuesday WAS going to be Halloween themed, but my little helper just wasn’t in the mood. So instead, this week I bring you a fun kid friendly recipe!
My kids would seriously eat the same exact thing for every meal every single day if I let them. It takes some creativity to jazz things up!
We love nachos, so sometimes I make some right here at home. Corn tortillas are incredibly inexpensive, and making your own chips is a lot healthier than buying a bag at the store. Of course, if you are looking for something quick and convenient, using store bought chips is not really that big of a deal!
Forgive the cell phone pictures. I still cannot find my camera upload cord!
Bean and Cheese Nachos
-10 corn tortillas (this makes a fair amount of chips for 4 people)
-beans (refried, pinto, homemade, canned…whatever your family enjoys)
-cheese (we prefer shredded cheddar)
-1 diced tomato
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Stack all of your tortillas on top of each other. Cut into quarters.
3. Spray the tortillas with cooking spray and move them around so they are all pretty evenly coated. Sprinkle with salt
4. Lay the tortillas out single layer on your cooking sheet (you might need more than one) and place in the oven
5. Cook for around 10 minutes, check them often. Sometimes mine need more, sometimes they need less. You’ll know when they are done because they will start getting slightly browned.
6. Allow the chips to cool a bit and place on plates.
7. Top with beans, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and anything else you might want!
If I were making these for dinner, I probably would have added some meat as well, but for lunch just the beans was protein enough!
It’s pretty simple and really doesn’t take that much longer to whip up than some sandwiches!
2 thoughts on “Tot Tuesday: Yummy Nachos!”
Oooh fun!!! That looks very tasty! I am a vegetarian.. so a non meat recipe is perfect for me! =] Thanks!
glad you like it! My son doesn't like meat at all, so finding stuff for him to eat is sometimes a challenge!