If you’ve been around Family Friendly Frugality very long, you’ve heard the term “Strategic Shopping“. Strategic Shopping isn’t limited to just using strategy with your coupons. You can still shop strategically WITHOUT coupons and see big savings!
As you know, I’m more of a part-time couponer. I don’t always have coupons on hand, but still look for sales and have success at saving money WITHOUT coupons!
We only have two local grocery stores, Harvey’s and Walmart. The Harvey’s sale paper comes to my mailbox on Tuesdays and the sales start on Wednesdays. I made a small list and had BIG success today! These sales will run through next Tuesday, 3/6, so there’s still time for you to shop THIS sale if you have a local Harvey’s!
- Ritz Crackers, B1G1 FREE; Final Price 2/$3.98 (savings of $4)
- Family Pack Bone-in Chicken Breasts, $0.99/lb (was $2.89/lb); Final Price $3.74 for 4 large chicken breasts (savings of $7.18)
- Bananas $1.61 (not on sale, I just needed some!)
- Strawberries, B1G1 FREE; Final Price 2/3.98 (savings of $4)
- Angel Soft TP 12 Double Rolls, 2/$10; Final Price 2/$10 (savings of $4.98)
- Store brand freezer bags (for chicken!), $2.19
*I should add that this is my “stock up” price on chicken breasts, but didn’t have any more room in the freezer!
Did you save BIG at the supermarket or drug store? Share your success with us on our Facebook page!