That is the key with this recipe as well. This One Pan Crispy Parmesan Garlic Chicken with Veggies is AMAZING! But you will have to cook the veggies for a bit before you add the chicken.
I consider this a low carb meal and made a few changes from the original recipe (found on The Recipe Critic)
Here is my version of Low Carb Crispy Parmesan Garlic Chicken with Veggies:
Low Carb Crispy Parmesan Garlic Chicken with Veggies
Inspired by The Recipe Critic
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (cut into bite size pieces)
- salt and pepper
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup Italian Bread Crumbs (yes…not low carb, but such a small amount that I don’t sweat it. If you are super strict, you might attempt almond flour?)
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 1/2 pound radishes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Melt butter in a shallow dish. In another shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs (if you are being super strict..you could try almond flour and season it with Italian seasoning? I haven’t tried this yet though), garlic powder and the parmesan cheese
- Salt & Pepper your chicken and then dip the chicken into the butter followed by the parmesan cheese mixture. Set the chicken aside.
- In a large bowl or freezer bag, add your veggies and pour in the remaining parmesan mixture. Shake or toss the veggies to coat thoroughly. Put the veggies on a sheet pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove your veggies from the oven and space out your bite sized chicken pieces on then pan. Bake another 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- At this point you can either take the pan out of broil it for a few minutes (watch carefully) to get everything a bit more crispy!