Over the past 10 years, I have written a lot of posts that I think might be helpful to our current situation.
I decided to sit down and comb through my archives to make one big post that would compile all the relevant information in one place.
I hope you find this information useful!
Are you doing just fine right now? That’s awesome! In that case, you might consider reading the article GOOD GIFTS FOR FAMILIES IN NEED – Now is a great time to pay it forward if you find yourself with an abundance of supplies!
REVERSE MEAL PLANNING – HOW I SAVE A TON ON GROCERIES BY REVERSE MEAL PLANNING! – This version of grocery shopping is basically what we ALLLL need to be doing now. Most of us don’t quite know what will be available when we head to the grocery store nowadays. Reverse meal planning will help us make the most of what we already have on hand AND what we can gather during our quick socially distanced grocery trips.
HOW TO BECOME A BETTER COOK – LEARN TO COOK BETTER AT HOME TO SAVE MORE MONEY! – I keep seeing posts about friends and family struggling with having to cook more meals/more often than they are used to. Recipes aren’t turning out well. They are getting frustrated with the constant barrage of hungry people in their household. They only have ingredients to MAKE food and less convenience food than before. Learning how to cook can make this time of being stuck at home a more enjoyable and flavorful experience!
10 WAYS TO MAKE LIVING ON ONE INCOME EASIER – Some advice in this post might not be actionable right now. However, there are some tips in this post that might be helpful if you are suddenly one income short right now.
HOW AND WHY YOU NEED TO CREATE A BUDGET – If you have been living without a detailed budget, now is a great time to sit down and make one! Especially if you have lost an income stream or you anticipate a drop in income. When you sit down and write it all out, you might find places you can cut back and you might actually notice you have more money than you thought you did!
10 WAYS TO GARDEN FOR LESS! – Finding yourself with some extra free time? Maybe it’s time to start that garden you have always wanted! FYI, some tips in this post might be hard to take advantage of right now. However, you can order most supplies online and many grocery stores actually carry seeds/potting soil as well. If you have the spare room in your budget, this could be a great calming activity!
10 EASY WAYS TO BUILD UP THE EMERGENCY FUND – This might be difficult to do right now when you might be down an income or if you have uncertainty about future sources of income. However, having an emergency fund can bring you SO much peace of mind! It might be worth bookmarking this and coming back to it when life gets back to normal again.
LIVING HEALTHY ON A BUDGET: EXERCISING – Need some inexpensive exercise ideas? Here is an article that has quite a few!
MARRIAGE AND FINANCES – IT’S ALL ABOUT TEAMWORK – If you find yourself having to pinch pennies where you never have before, this could create some struggles in your marriage or your relationship. This is kind of our story about how we figured out how to manage our own finances as a married couple and the struggles that lead to where we are today.
FREE EDITABLE GOOGLE DRIVE SCHEDULE FOR DISTANCE LEARNING!!! – A great resource if your kids are currently embarking on a Distance Learning adventure! Fully editable for your own personal situation. This has REALLY majorly been a huge stress reliever in our household!
Finally, I have TONS of great frugal recipes on my site! Here are just a few that you might want to try out over the next few weeks:
- HOMEMADE AIR-FRIED BREAKFAST POTATOES RECIPE
- SALSA CHICKEN BOWL WITH CILANTRO LIME CAULIFLOWER RICE LOW CARB/KETO – INSTANT POT/NINJA FOODI FRIENDLY RECIPE
- SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS RECIPE – INSTANT POT, NINJA FOODI OR STOVE TOP/SLOW COOKER FRIENDLY!
- HOW TO COOK THICK BONELESS PORK CHOPS – PERFECT EVERY TIME!
- ONE SKILLET SKINLESS CHICKEN THIGHS WITH RED WINE VINEGAR
- FROM SCRATCH EASY ALFREDO CHICKEN & BROCCOLI RECIPE – LOW CARB & KETO
- EASY CREAMY MASHED POTATO RECIPE
- CREAMY GARLIC & MOZZARELLA SMOTHERED CHICKEN RECIPE
- EASY SLOW COOKER TOMATO BASIL SOUP
- SLOW COOKER FRENCH DIP SANDWICHES
- TEX MEX CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPE
- SLOW COOKER PINTO BEANS – EASY, CHEAP AND ADAPTABLE!
- A SOUTHERN MOM: COPYCAT HAMBURGER HELPER CHEESEBURGER MACARONI
- EASY WEEKNIGHT LASAGNA-YES, REALLY
- MONKEY BREAD RECIPE – WITH A SURPRISE STUFFED INSIDE!
- RIDICULOUSLY EASY CHICKEN TACOS (CROCKPOT RECIPE)
- CHICKEN WITH RICE: A ONE POT FRUGAL FAMILY MEAL!
- HOMEMADE CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP – A SOUTHERN MOM
- CHECK OUT MY ENCHILADA CASSEROLE RECIPE!
- HOMEMADE RANCH DRESSING MIX
- QUICK & EASY CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPE
- ROASTED CHICKEN WITH RISOTTO & CARAMELIZED ONIONS
- THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE EVER!
Also, here are to fun Easter treats if you happen to have the supplies on hand to make these!
Here are some fun at home DIY/kid activity ideas as well:
- DISH SOAP SLIME
- MAKE YOUR OWN PAINT RECIPE! HOMEMADE DOODLE PAINT
- 9 AWESOME BUCKET LIST WORTHY SLIME MAKING RECIPES!
- 10 RESOURCES FOR LEARNING TO “DO IT YOURSELF”
- 10 QUICK AND FUN SUMMERTIME CRAFTS & ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS
- TOT TUESDAY: BOREDOM BUSTING BUSY BAGS
- HOW TO SEW PANTS: BASIC WIDE LEG PANTS TUTORIAL | BASIC SEWING
- THE RICE BOX ACTIVITY: HOW A BOX OF RICE TURNED THIS MOM INTO A ROCKSTAR
- FUN AND EASY MAKE YOUR OWN PLAY DOUGH RECIPE
I hope that some of these posts can help you and your family make it through this difficult time with a bit more peace, good food and cash in your pocket!
Let me know if there are any other ways that I can help! If you haven’t already, join my Facebook Group for more money saving advice, deals and resources!