I think it’s important to stop and count your blessings on a regular basis. Sometimes reminding yourself of all that you have is enough to pull you out of a funk or put a situation into perspective. Each Thursday I’m going to try and sit down and think of 5 things that I am thankful for. I encourage you to do the same. You can write it in the comments (which I encourage, I’d love to read what others are thankful for!), on your own blog, on a sheet of paper, or just spend some time reflecting on what’s great in your life right now.
1. I am so incredibly thankful for my husband’s support. When he comes home after a long day of work, he doesn’t insist on time for himself but instead hops right in to helping with the kids. He does it because he loves them and he misses them, but he also does it for me because he recognizes that my job as a stay at home mom is every bit as demanding as his desk job. I am so blessed for his support.
2. I am thankful for how different my children are. I swear I really lucked out in the kid department. My kids are polite, well behaved and adorable. They can also ride on my very last nerve. Luckily they tend to do that at different times so it’s not all piled on at once. My daughter has a sweet and gentle personality that balances out her daredevil nature. My son is a ball of energy filled with affection and excitement.
3. I am thankful for my home, not just the 4 walls around me but everything inside of it and everyone inside of it.
4. I am thankful for my family all being in good health at the moment
5. I am thankful for my creativity. I generally don’t consider myself a creative person, but when I sit back and look at some of the things I’ve done in the past few years…well I am creative. Many of my accomplishments stem from my creativity and I’m very proud of that.
What are you thankful for today?